Synergy First Aid and CPR Policies
Health and Safety:
There is minimal physical activity involved in participation of a First Aid and/or CPR/AED course and should not present any clear or imminent health threat. However, there may be some people who find the physical activity to be strenuous. For this we recommend you consult with your physician or primary care practitioner prior to participating should you have any of the following health risks or concerns with the following:
- History of Respiratory problem
- History of heart attack or angina or other heart conditions
- Bone or joint injury
- Knee injury
- Lying on the ground
- Working with partners for choking modalities, bandaging and splinting
Synergy does not assume any responsibility, risk or liability for injuries or illness that may result from course participation.
- Upon registering for you a course or workshop online or by phone, it considered non-refundable and you are responsible for the entire course fees.
- We do not provide refunds or credits for courses or workshops that you cancel.
- No-shows or non-completes of our courses or workshops are not entitled to a refund.
- Unsuccessful attempts are not entitled to a refund.
- If you are paying by phone, please contact our office between 9:00 am and 3:30pm, Monday to Friday at: 416.286.1080 x 312. We accept Visa or M/C only. We also accept Cash at our Toronto Office as a form of payment for your course. Please bring your registration details with you a minimum of 3 days prior to your course start date to confirm your spot. We are located at: Synergy Employment Services, 29 Gervais Drive, Suite# 202, Toronto, ON M3C1Y9 (open Monday to Friday: 9am to 3:30pm)
- Synergy will accept requests for re-scheduling to different dates based on availability at the time of the request. All re-scheduling requests are subject to a flat $20.00 administration fee.
- If your re-quest for re-scheduling is approved, you will have 30 days in which to select and participate in a new course or workshop date from the date of your original course or workshop date.
- Should you not be able to attend a course or workshop due to illness, it will be treated as a re-scheduling request and be subject to the re-scheduling fee. You must re-schedule your course or workshop within 14 days of your original course or workshop date.
- If you attend a course or workshop with symptoms of a cold, flu or other communicable disease, you will be required to re-schedule and subject to the re-scheduling administrative fee. You will not be allowed to participate if you present any symptoms of a cold, flue or other communicable disease.
Synergy Course or Workshop Cancellation:
- Synergy reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule a course or workshop under emergency or uncontrollable circumstances. Registered participants will be offered an option to re-schedule to another date and time. Should no options satisfy the participant, a refund will be issued within 72 hours.
- We will make all efforts to notify all participants within 48 hours of any such course cancellation. Should there be an extreme weather related or act of nature that prevents a course or workshop to start, you will be notified within 24 hours of start.
- We will notify all participants by email of any such cancellations or re-scheduling.
- All participants must attend 100% of the course or workshop.
- All participants must meet the minimum evaluation criteria for the course they are participating in.
- Certification Cards are issued upon successful completion of the course or workshop.
- Synergy collects your name, contact information for the purpose of registration, scheduling, communication and reminder notices only. We do not share or transfer any personal information at any time.
- Your employer or school may require certification completion details from Synergy. You authorize Synergy to release this information by registering for any of our programs.
- You may opt out of our email program at any time.